Skip to main content

Amazing Breakthrough

Enough was enough I thought! Something had to give. The pressure was too much and I wanted my job and peace back. My prayer was specific and I wanted a clear and final answer before I put the whole thing behind me. Although I tried to go to church with Eric once I was still spending Sundays at home. Everything inside of me did not want to go to church. I knew that if I did go to church it should be to Eric's church. So the children and I stopped visiting other churches and committed to go to Eric's church and support him in his role. It was too difficult though and no matter how hard I tried I could not force myself to go to church. Sundays became a day where I prayed while pottering around in my garden and we became a TV church member of Life Church - they have a fantastic kids program each Sunday.

Back to my prayer which went like this:

"Dear Father God. I love to hear your voice! There is nothing more that I desire. Father, please tell me if you want me to do anything about Eric's university? Do I interfere? Do I get involved? Do you want him to finish his studies? What do you want me to do?"

After praying I had an extremely strong conviction to do whatever I had to so that Eric could go back to university and finish his studies. I found several email addresses on Eric's computer for his university contacts and also found some of this friends contacts. All in all I contacted everyone that I felt I should contact and simply said,

" It has been on my heart lately to do whatever it takes to get Eric back to his studies. I don't know where to start so am just praying and reaching out and trusting God to lead the way. Do you have any advice?"

I received several responses where people confirmed that they also felt that Eric should continue his studies as he was clearly called to ministry. Everyone was so lovely but there was still that matter of Eric's outstanding fees from the first year of studies. Eric was adamant that he would not return to university without his debt being settled first.

What happened next blew my mind! The very next day this email came into Eric' inbox:

"Dear Eric, I hope that you are well. I'm writing to let you know that we have now received pledges of funds to cover all your fees for this year apart from £1500. The College is able to give you a bursary for this outstanding amount. I do hope it might be possible for you to continue your studies next year. Please do get in touch if you would like to  talk about this."

Oh my goodness! I got Goosebumps when I read this. It couldn't have been any cleared and served as direct confirmation to my prayer the day before, that Eric should be back at university to complete his studies and continue on the path he had originally set out on. I was immediately reminded of Isaiah 65:24,

" Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear."  NIV

Another version says it like this:

" I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!" NLT

It seemed possible that all this time I was not actually completely wrong but that I was in fact fighting a battle for my husband's future so that he would remain on the path that God had for him and not be tempted by another path which seemed to be good and Godly but was in fact simply not the right path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo